Need Help with Marketing, Web Development or Production?
Introducing Multiverse Media Group’s Free Production Resources and Tools
At Multiverse, serving our clients is our number-one priority, and whenever we have the opportunity to offer no-cost advice or services, we don’t hesitate to present and promote them. If you have been looking for ways to bolster your marketing, web development and/or production efforts, now you can download our 100-percent free guides, apps, articles and more – while also checking out our newsletter for eye-opening articles and “how-to’s,” delivered right to your inbox.
Marketing Resources to Expand Your Business Successfully
With our Website SEO Audit Tool App, one of the best tools for marketing, you simply input your website’s URL and primary keyword, and this intuitive SEO app provides a near-instant SEO grade based on your on-page and off-page SEO factors. Put succinctly, you provide your URL and you receive feedback on how well your site is optimized for search engine rankings.
Similarly, if you have become overwhelmed with all the technical rhetoric bestowed upon Search Engine Optimization, our Roadmap to Online Success with SEO eBook is for you. This guide teaches the basics of SEO and what it truly entails, overviewing both the on-page and off-page factors that contribute to ensuring your website achieves undeniable online success.
Multiverse Media Group’s Production Tools
Through a series of effective web-based apps and documents all about video production, we’ve created a few of the most commonly-used video production tools and put them all in one accessible area, available 24/7. We invite all visitors to our site to use these free resources as often as they like, and share them with as many people as they wish.
- Video Date Rate Calculator – A handy app that helps you calculate the data rate and storage requirements of several video codecs including ProRes. Simply click on the link to the calculator page and select format, frame size, frame rate, data rate and storage requirements (entered as time in hours and storage in gigabytes).
- Video Script Timer – It’s a common problem when envisioning a script for video: Being unsure just how long it runs while the dialogue is being spoken. The script timer app is a handy tool that estimates the time of your written script based on word count and read speed.
- Production Documents – All video productions require standard forms, so we’ve included some of the basics here including Talent Release forms, which give permission to use a person’s image and/or voice in your production, and Location Release forms which provide permission to film on property you don’t own.
A Primer on Web Development Tools
The abundance of web development tools available can make the process of selecting one a little overwhelming for marketing agencies, or especially for those doing their own web work. In the end, it comes down to personal preference and what fits your needs. What’s important is to find a way to create code and then preview, test and debug it – and, at times, specialty tools may be required depending on the project. We have found that tools such as code editors, browser tools and a framework are all must-haves for web development projects.
Our Top Five Recommended Web Development Tools
1. Evernote – From task lists and scheduling to bookmarks, brainstorming, inspiration, writing and much more, Evernote and its cross-platform support (desktop, web and mobile) allows users to capture, upload and sync from anywhere.
2. Dropbox – As a cloud storage device, Dropbox can essentially become a “project manager,” allowing the user to work across multiple platforms while taking the time to copy system files from one platform to another.
3. DropIr – As web developers, working with designers or co-workers often means sharing our documents, images and text. A tool such as DropIr can make this easy, allowing the user to upload files and share them with a generated URL for a period of seven days.
4. XAMPP – A live testing environment should be an essential element in every web developer’s toolbox, and XAMPP comes as a highly-recommended open source, configurable web server. It contains Apache, MySQL, PHP, OpenSSL, FileZilla FTP server and more, bundled together for a “smooth configuration.”
5. Git – An open source revision control and source code management system, Git tracks the history of a project in a data structure known as a repository and also represents a decentralized system that allows for multiple backup repositories.